Sample Australian Citizenship Test D
This test is mostly about Australian History and Government. Please inform me of any wrong answer.
1.The head or leader of a state goverment is called the
a. Prime Minister
c. Chief Minister
2. Local government is lead by the mayor or
a. shire president
3. The Upper House of a state government is called the
a. Legislative Council
b. Legislative Assembly
c. House of Assembly
4. A group of ministers led by the Prime Minister for principal decision-making is collectively known as the
5. The Parliament House is located in
6. Only 18 years old and above are compulsary to vote in federal and state elections.
7. Only Australian citizens are allowed to be candidates in an election.
8. The political party who get the second highest votes in federal or state/territory election is
a. the one who will form the government
b. declared the winner
c. the opposition
9. The _________ is the national law-making body of Australia.
a. Australian Constitution
b. State Parliament
c. Commonwealth Parliament
10. Australia celebrated its bicentennial year in
11. The first Prime Minister of Australia was
a. Sir Henry Parkes
b. Edmund Barton
c. Alfred Deakin
12. The White Australia Policy of immigration was dismantled in
13. The Summer Olympics was held in the following cities except
14. Died in 1896, __________ was considered the Father of Federation.
a. Sir Henry Parkes
b. John Monash
c. James Cook
15. Federation came in
16. The Two Australian animals shown on the Coat of Arms are the
a. kangaroo and koala
b. kangaroo and emu
c. kangaroo and ostrich
17. The national anthem of Australia is
a. Waltzing Matilda
b. Advance Australia Fair
c. I am Australian
18. What are the colours on the Australian flag?
a. black, yellow and red
b. green, black and white
c. red, white and blue
19. The composer of the national anthem of Australia in 1878 was
a. Peter Dodds McCormick
b. Arthur Phillip
c. Robert O-Hara Burke
20. ___________ was the first Australian woman to become a pilot.
a. Dame Nellie Melba
b. Nancy Bird Watson
c. Caroline Crishholm
1.b 2.a 3.a 4.b 5.c 6.a 7.a 8.c 9.c 10.a 11.b 12.c 13.c 14.a 15.a 16.b 17.b 18.c 19.a 20.b